Friday, April 10, 2009

pickles and ice cream


Well, still no baby...but the counter says FOUR days to go. I can hardly believe it! I remember when it was in the 100's of days. We had our weekly doctor's appointment today and I am just barely dialated to 1 cm. Our doctor does not let his patients go over a week beyond their due date, so we know that little Brett Michael will be arriving sometime on or before the 21st of April. We are hoping that he will arrive naturally. However, if he is not here by the 20th, the induction process will begin (with a little balloon being inserted to help me dialate). Then, on the next day, we would start the oxytocin/pitocin, which is a chemical that a woman's body makes naturally but would be administered in a synthetic form. It sounds like it can be started and stopped as necessary and takes a very short time to be eliminated from the body by the liver so it shouldn't have negative effects on mom or baby.

After our doctor's appointment, Don and I stopped for lunch at Jason's Deli. We had very yummy sandwiches and I saved my pickle for a picture after lunch. Jason's Deli has free ice cream for dessert. We couldn't resist taking a stereo-typical pregnancy craving picture of me with a pickle and ice cream after lunch.

Pickles and ice cream! :) Ha!

No comments: