Tuesday, April 7, 2009

We're in the home stretch!

We are packed and ready for the hospital.

One week to go! These 9 months have flown by and our lives are about to change in a great way! We can't wait to meet our little Brett Michael!

Last night we actually called the hospital. I was getting some feelings that kept coming and going in waves quite regularly. I think they must have been Braxton Hicks contractions or false labor pains. They weren't too intense but were regular enough that we thought we'd better call and check to see what we should do. It felt like heartburn that kept coming and going in waves but a bit different than heartburn and down lower in my stomach area, too. (It could have been the homemade salsa I made for our taco salads for lunch yesterday. :) The books and emails I've been reading say spicy foods and raw pineapple may help speed labor along or induce labor. I've had both in the past day or so. It doesn't hurt to try at this point! I'm ready for him to pop out at any time now!) Needless to say, we waited it out and even Tums didn't take away the pains. After sleeping all night, I haven't felt anything this morning, but I'm sure all of the feelings were just preparing me for the real thing.

Some wives' tales say that there are more births when there is a full moon. There is one on the 9th of this month. We'll see if it affects him in any way. (Interesting article below)



The Moon's Effect on Natural Childbirth online article is located here:



A full moon? A basketball? A watermelon?

I thought it'd be funny to take a picture of my view of Brett as I see it. I can no longer see my toes, but can see a basketball-shaped belly for sure!

No comments: