Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. . .

(mountains by morning light)

(Joshua trees are scattered near the base of the mountains. It looks like a little cross of white snow in this one!)


(Didn't see any wild donkeys, but did see several signs like this one!)

Yesterday, it actually rained and snowed pretty much all day. It was really cloudy, too. This morning, Don was on his way to work and called me. I ended up taking his advice and going for a drive at approximately 7:00 a.m. It was early(I'm on vacation!), but it was WELL worth it. We don't normally see views like this out here. This is the first time I've seen this much snow on our mountains! One of the ranges (behind our house) is called the Sheep Mountain Range. Today, I could see why, because the range was covered in fleecy white! We hardly ever see snow up there!

(Sheep Range)

Brr! After my photography shoot of the mountains, I warmed up with some hot chocolate with LOTS of mini marshmallows ( A nice surprise - there was a coupon on my cereal - I got them for free when buying Rice Krispies yesterday!) ;)

No comments: