Friday, February 27, 2009

earth "shakes"

Brett survived his first earthquake. (small one)

I was sitting at my computer this morning (actually, just before I did the last post on here) when I heard the windows rattle and saw and heard some things, including my printer shaking and rattling on the filing cabinet next to this desk. The dogs next door had started barking loudly and differently than normal right before this happened, too. Anyway, it was a really bizarre feeling and it seemed like more than just a jet flying overhead or a large truck rumbling by...

Come to find out, it was an earthquake! It was upgraded from a 2.7 to a 3.0 and only lasted 4 or 5 seconds. We had our taxes done tonight and heard the Airforce jets flying and rumbling loudly. I told the H&R Block lady and Don about what I'd experienced this morning (not knowing it was an earthquake) and she said, "It was an earthquake - I saw it on the news tonight!" And, she knew which area of town we lived in, just from hearing about it on the news.

Here's a link to the news story online:
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/feb/27/reports-las-vegas-hit-27-magnitude-earthquake/

No comments: