Saturday, October 18, 2008

second appointment

Our second appointment went well. We both took the day off from work. I'm so appreciative to have such a great hubby! We met the nurse practitioner that we will see from time to time. We were also able to request our delivery doctor, who comes highly recommended by a co-worker and the doctor's office staff. Can't wait to meet him, too!
We had an informative visit and were able to ask questions. Tina (nurse practicioner) seemed so glad to answer them, as many patients don't tend to ask her questions, she said. She was happy to talk to first-time parents.
Note for future reference: For headaches, I found out I can take Tylenol. I was given a prescription for my prenatal vitamins.
We were sent to another location to get bloodwork done. Don was also supportive here, too, but with a sense of humor. I get very queasy and have been known to faint around needles and blood. :( Don asked the nurse if I would have to fill 10 viles. We were all laughing, but my laughing stopped when I heard her answer, "No. Not 10 ... just 7 or 8." So, the blood was drawn out of my "elbow pit". Yuck. Then, I had to give a urine sample. Not quite a fun visit, but when all was done, we laughed about it and went out to lunch and split a Subway sub. I had a bruise on my arm for the next couple of days...a little reminder of this visit. Oh, little Gummi, you are worth it, though!

No comments: