Saturday, October 18, 2008

Telling relatives

We were too excited to keep this news to ourselves. I just HAD to tell someone. We called my brother, Jason, that night and put him on the speaker phone. When I asked him how he liked the sound of being called, "Uncle Jason", he had the cutest reply of "Awww!"... with a little surprised laughter, asking "really?" and telling us congratulations. We didn't tell anyone else yet, knowing we needed to come up with a plan to surprise our own parents. Since Grandparents' Day was soon approaching, we ended up buying Grandparents' Day cards. I picked out musical Snoopy cards from Hallmark that mentioned something about Grandparents doing the happy dance. We stuck a small photo of the positive test (see previous post) in the cards and sent them through the mail! Both sets of Grandparents were thrilled! It was soooo hard to keep it a secret, though I did ask Mom and Dad several times when I talked to them if they'd gotten anything in the mail from Don and me. We waited a bit longer to spread the word to family, friends, and co-workers...through word of mouth and emails.

No comments: